Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Next Year of My Life--Pure Adventure!

As time passes and I bump into old friends, the stereotypical question arises of what is next in my life. I, being a visionary and dreamer, tend to enjoy this question. But for those who do not have opportunity to ask me face to face, I'll let you in on the plans for this upcoming year.

This week I head up to Alaska with my friend Cale to work in Skagway on the White Pass & Yukon Route Railway as a tour guide. I worked their last summer and am looking forward to my return. Half way through the summer I will be heading to Norway with my family for a highly awaited and anticipated family vacation to my homeland! We will visit relatives, view the gorgeous landscape, and of course, relax. Once I'm through with Alaska I am planning to live in Guatemala for three months, attending a language school there designed specifically for missionary training.

After Guatemala, I will return home for Christmas to see the family, allow for my gut heal from parasites, and eat more lutefisk than a person should. At the beginning of the new year I hope to head to Uganda for two months. What I will do is still up in the air, but I have many contacts there. Opportunities include working with the local church, evangelism, helping at an orphanage, and assisting Invisible Children.

If these travels aren't enough, I came up with some more.....From Uganda, I hope to fly to Moscow and take the trans-Siberian railroad to Shanghai China, with many stops along the way. Once in Shanghai, I'm not sure exactly what I will do, but I hope to be there for at least a month to then possibly return to Alaska. Perhaps I may stay there longer, but I wont know until I get there.

If you want to stay posted on my life as well as pray for me along the way, subscribe to this blog and I'll be sure to write about my latest adventures and post photos whenever I can.

No comments: