Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Last week of school

School is coming to an end and this time I don't have a final exam (yay!). In many ways Antigua has grown on me as I have learned the ins and outs of the town and am familiar with many of the locals. Yet I am excited to leave and move on to other things. Although I have learned a great deal of Spanish while here, I haven't learned as much as I hoped to due to the enormous amount of tourists who make their way through this quaint town. Already I am contemplating returning, but probably not to Antigua....


This next week (Monday -Wednesday) I will most likely be working in the slums of Guatemala City. Please pray for me. I will be in two of the most dangerous parts of the City, but these are the people who need help and who need to receive the love of Jesus. I will be going with two missionaries who have been working there for a few years and have seen great fruit come from it. This is bound to be a paradigm shifting experience as I am exposed to yet another culture that exists in poverty.


After that I will make a dramatic change by heading to Belize for a week on a boat for snorkeling, relaxing, scuba diving, fishing, etc. out on the barrier reef. My good friend Nathan Mesaros is going to stop by Guatemala for the week which is bound to be a ton of fun. This has served like a motivational trip as I have studied.


After that I'll head to a place called Semuc Champe for a couple days before I fly home to Seattle for Christmas.

No comments: