Monday, January 29, 2007

911

So I called 911 today (don't worry, no emergency or anything) and I got a recording saying that all phone operators were currently busy, please hold. What?! Since when do you get put on hold when calling 911??? I mean, don't we have that number just in case you need to talk to some NOW! I guess everyone is using those automated machines these days, trying to cut costs and cut personnel. Next time I call 911 I'll probably get a list of options: "press 1 if your house is on fire, press 2 if there's a burglar in your house, press 3 if your are having a heart attack, press 4 if you just had a heart attack, press 5 if you are dead from a heart attack....if you would like to talk with a customer service representative, please stay on the line. You are very important to us. The estimated wait is: 71 minutes. If this is truly an emergency, please hang up and dial 911."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As one fellow 911 caller to another "THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS!!" Incidently, is everything ok?